Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I learned to sew!!!!!!!!


Amy Butler Frenchy Bag
Originally uploaded by jeniferlouise

Well kinda anyways. When my great grandma passed away 8 years ago she willed me her singer sewing machine. I have attempted to sew pillow cases and such but it wasn't very user friendly. While at Craft Warehouse a few months ago I couldn't help but drool over this Amy Butler fabric and the pattern to make her Frenchy Bag. The lady at the sewing counter assured me I would be able to make it. For Christmas Ben got me a new sewing machine (one that Marthat uses and I love Martha!) so last night I tackled the project. Look how stinkin cute it is. I am so proud of myself I had to show it off. So who wants one next....LOL!!! (0:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, Jen - I LOVE this purse! You did an amazing job!!! You are SO stinkin' creative - pretty much anything you put your hands to you can do - love it. :)
Dana K.

Anonymous said...

ooh ooh ooh! I want one (but make mine pink)!!! That is so stinking adorable! Great job Jen! I have saved all of the twins' baby clothes so that I can make them into quilts for them but I have NO idea how to even operate a sewing machine! One of these days I guess.