Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I got to document the most amazing thing

The gorgeous belly you see here had me do her delivery photos. We had a few false alarms and I have been on alert for the last few weeks answering every call she made to me. It has been an excited time waiting for this little one to arrive and when I got the call at about 5 last night I ran to the neighbors to have someone watch the midgets until Ben could get home. I booked to Costco for an extra memory card because I had just bought a new camera only hours before I got the call and it needed more than my old card. I ran through Costco looking like a maniac or someone who was trying to steal something. It was I am sure
pure entertainment. I got all the way to Longview in record time without speeding and was so excited. We all sat around and laughed and talked until the wee hours of the night.

Baby Sydney arrived healthy, chubby and cute at 2:15 in the morning. We were all exhausted especially momma (who did the most amazing job). I can't even begin to tell you about the amazing experience I had last night in that little room. It was during this whole time I thought to myself how incredibly blessed I am to be able to call this my job. It was this moment that made me so thankful that had chosen me to capture this most precious time with them, their friends and family. I was able to document something so special to them and that right there folks is why I do what I do. For moments....the pain...the tears...the laughter...more tears...and then new life. I am so thankful. Here are a few to share of the little chubba. I love the little foot one. It is so purple and so cute. Hopefully these photos make everyone smile tonight too.









2 comments:

Amanda Heath said...

It is amazing isn't it? Words cannot even describe it. I wish I could have gotten better shots when Kellie had Jillian but I was there to do more coaching than photography. :) How exciting for you!

Unknown said...

OK that is the most beautiful baby EVER! I am not just saying that because she is my cousin...
You have done an amazing job.
I love being able to see her with me so far away!
Tara