Sunday, June 8, 2008

a loooooong post and a beautiful senior - Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR Senior Photographer

Today the nice weather finally came back, thank god. I had rescheduled so many sessions within the last two weeks it made me want to scream. Thankfully everyone was really understanding that I have no control over this crazy rain. Isn't it supposed to be summer people? Anyways today the beautiful weather was back and I treated my oldest to a trip to the rose festival since we were downtown shopping for our vacation. Oh how I love to watch people at things like that....a photographers dream I tell ya. ha ha.

So anyways, here is to good weather and us leaving on a family vacation in just three days. Do you know how excited I am about this? Well lets just say that we have never, I mean never, been on a family vacation before so this is a pretty big deal for us. To top it off we are going to Alaska of all places and that just makes it a rockin trip. Excited to see old friends and take my husband back to where I used to live. Can't wait so show him what "real" fishing is like LOL!!!

I have worked my tail off the last few months and I mean that with all seriousness. Last week I had went 9 days straight with photo sessions. If that is not crazy, I don't know what is. The business is fantastic but it also means that I never ever got caught up. The last week I have spent every waking second on this computer, editing sessions, responding to emails, calling clients, taking pictures, designing engagement albums, ordering prints, packaging orders, shopping for supplies and I could go on and on. The amazing thing about all of this is that I will be completely caught up before I leave for my trip on thursday. Yes, every single session will be edited and everything else in between. This is a big deal and I am so excited to start fresh when I get back. I will also not allow myself to get overbooked ever, ever again. It is so important to me, to be able to provide my clients with personalized service and when I get overbooked it makes that nearly impossible to do that in a timely fashion.

So without further ado, one of my beautiful clients that is also one of my senior reps I have for next year. I cannot tell you enough how much I love my senior reps this year. I could squeeze and smooch all of them. Such sweet, sweet, young men and women that I have the pleasure of working with over the next year and it just makes me giddy.









I am soooo mean and made her get in the freezing columbia river. Thanks for being such a trooper Kristal. (0:


No comments: