Friday, September 26, 2008

me on the other side of the camera for once

So as any of you that frequent my blog, are clients, or are friends of mine know we at the Johnston house have had quite a crazy last two months. To call it crazy is honestly actually a huge understatement. On top of having work to do, we were plagued with one sickness after the next and each one being subsequently worse and I say this with complete seriousness. Sweet baby boy got the brunt of it and the day before he almost died on us we were scheduled to have family photos taken. At the time he had a runny nose and we didn't think much of it but man was he a stinker.

Anyways, we had our family photos taken by the very awesome Shannon Sewell. Leading up to our session I for once realized what it was like for my clients. I was struck with panic and nervousness for the whole week before trying to figure out what the heck to wear. I can dress my clients but heck no I can't dress my own family. Why? I have no idea but I just couldn't. Doesn't this make you all chuckle? I am sure it does. So we got dressed, Ben left work for a few hours and we tromped around portland with the paparazzi following us. Jack was turkey (for obvious reasons we know now) but you honestly cannot tell he was so sick when looking at any of these. I waiting in anticipation to see these and yes, now I know how you all feel now too, so laugh even harder at me now (0: She posted the photos on her blog and they about brought me tears because the made me so happy. I can't even tell you how happy these make me Shannon. Your rock!!!!














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cool shots - I saw these on Shannon's blog. Gorgeous family you have! Love the oranges in the mouth. So fun!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! She really captured all your personalities! Great pics:)

Shawn Klinkner said...

I LOVE these pictures! She really captued all of you guys so well. I love the pics of you and Ben. And I love the pics with the oranges - such a cute idea and so fun. Thanks for sharing these - You guys are a great familiy!
Dana K.

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures looks like so much fun, very cute kids!